Last Updated: November 14, 2022
Our websites, www.blumeglobal.com, www.carriergo.com, www.livesource.com, www.blumesolutions.com, www.rez1.com, and others (each, a “Site” and, collectively, the “Sites”) provide visitors with information about our company and software offerings. They also provide supply chain professionals with valuable information to better manage their logistics and learn about the technology that supports a vibrant and efficient supply chain ecosystem. Additionally, we provide certain services, applications and tools, including our supply chain management platform, which are made available via internet and related mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”).
What information do we collect?
In connection with the Sites and/or Services, we may collect and use the following categories of information:
- information that you directly provide to us via an online form or any other information that you provide or make available to us through the Sites or Services;
- information that you provide to us when you register as a user of the Services, create or modify your profile, set preferences, or take other actions within the Services; and
- information automatically collected regarding your use of the Sites and Services, which may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies (see Cookie Notice for more details).
Information you may choose to submit to us includes:
- email address
- phone number(s)
- information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services
- any other information that you decide to provide us with
You may choose not to provide certain information to us, but as a result you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features of the Sites or Services.
When you submit an inquiry via our Sites or Services
When you submit an inquiry via our Sites or Services, we ask you for certain information, including your name, company email, company name, telephone number, country, job title, industry, and other information.
We use this information to respond to your inquiry, including providing you with any requested information about our products and services. We may also email you several times after your inquiry to follow up on your interest and ensure that we have answered it to your satisfaction. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in providing accurate information prior to a sale.
Feedback you provide regarding our product
We collect feedback you provide directly to us through the Sites, Services, or other means, and we collect content using analytics techniques that hash, filter or otherwise scrub the information to exclude information that might identify you or your organization; and we collect clickstream data about how you interact with and use features on the Sites or in the Services.
When you request support
We may also receive your information via the Services when you reach out to us for help regarding the Services, fulfillment of the Services, suggestions regarding the Services, or other communications regarding the Services.
We use this information to respond to your query, document potential issues with the Services, and keep a record of support activities.
With regards to reaching out to us regarding support for the Services, whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue. We may also collect telephony log information (like phone numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls) if you speak with one of our representatives.
When you register as a user of the Services
When you register as a user of the Services, we ask you for certain personal information, depending on the Service, to get you individual access to the Service and to track how users are using the Service. If you have registered for an account with us, we process your Personal Data by managing your user account for the purpose of performing our contract with you according to applicable terms of service.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We may also collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Sites and Services automatically, such as how many visitors visit a specific webpage, how long they stay on that page, the hyperlinks users click, IP addresses, or similar information. If you access the Sites or Services through a mobile device, we may collect information such as your mobile device ID, device type and your use of the features, functionality or notifications on such device, as well as similar technical data. We collect this information by using cookies, log files and other similar technologies (as further described below). This information represents a generic overview of the visitors to our Sites and users of our Services, and it allows us to modify the Sites and Services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Sites and Services, as well as to improve the user experience.
Information we collect via a Mobile Application
With regards to our Mobile Applications, we may collect the real-time location data via your mobile device. We use the location information we collect to enable job tracking and to report actual location for supply chain visibility purposes. This allows you to see your location real time, your company to track the location in real time, and for third parties to see real time event location regarding shipment tracking / visibility. You can choose whether or not to allow the Mobile Applications to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Mobile Applications may become inaccessible or not function properly.
How do we collect information?
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from other users of the Services, from third-party services, from our related companies, and from our business and channel partners. Users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. For example, you may receive an email to your email address from users when they provide it to invite you to the Services.
How do we use your data?
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Sites and Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
We may use the information that we collect in order to:
- Performing our contract with you according to applicable terms of service
- respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and
- newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services;
- provide customer support or professional services;
- present and administer the Sites and Services;
- personalize the Sites and Services for you;
- improve the Sites and Services;
- authenticate you when you log in to the Services;
- for safety and security of you or the Sites or Services;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- for internal tracking and optimization efforts;
- conduct internal business analysis, research and development, or other business purposes;
- protect our legitimate business interests;
- send you communications, including marketing communications; and
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
Additionally, we may use the information we collect to create aggregate information, such as de-identified statistics and other performance information related to the Sites or Services. This aggregate information will not identify you personally, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, analytics, improving our Sites or Services, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may also share such aggregate information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties who, in some instances, may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not disclose your information to third parties, except:
- when we have your permission to make the disclosure (e.g., we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites and, with your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial);
- where the disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the information was obtained;
- to our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, joint venturers or other companies under common control with us for internal business purposes;
- in order to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other of our rights or other users of the Sites or Services, or the public;
- to contractors, third party service providers, or other third parties in order to provide services to us (including third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Sites and Services or that provide us with marketing communications, email delivery, business operations, and payment processing); or
In the event we are acquired by, or merge or consolidate into, another entity, if there is a divestiture, restructuring, or reorganization, or if there is a sale of our assets (including in bankruptcy), your information may be transferred to the entity acquiring us or our assets or that survives the merger or consolidation. You acknowledge and agree that in the foregoing circumstances, your information may be disclosed to such third party.
Sharing with other Service users
If you register or access the Services using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, and such employer or organization wishes to establish an account or site, certain information about you including your name, contact info, content and past use of your account may become accessible to your employer or that organization’s administrator and other Service users sharing the same domain. If you are an administrator for a particular site or group of users within the Services, you may share your contact information with current or past Service users, for the purpose of facilitating Service-related requests.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
If you visit the Sites or Services from a third-party website, such third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third-party website to the Sites or Services. Your activities on the Sites or Services, while this type of code is active, may be reported back to the third-party website. The presence of a third-party navigation bar at the top of a webpage is an indication that the third-party website may be able to see your activity on the Sites or Services.
If you purchase or access the Services through a third-party service that provides a gateway to the Services (a “Gateway Service”), you will have a separate, additional account relationship with such Gateway Service and the information you provide to such Gateway Service will be handled in accordance with the privacy practices of the applicable Gateway Service. Blume Global is not responsible for the acts or omissions of a Gateway Service with regard to the collection or use of your information.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information until deletion is possible.
We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
Information you share on the Services
If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of the Services. For example, we may continue to display messages you sent to the users that received them and continue to display content you provided.
If the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), we retain your information as long as required by the administrator of your account.
If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How do we protect your information?
We use reasonable security measures that we deem appropriate for the type of information that is provided by you, and designed to comply with any applicable legal requirements. We take precautions including reasonable organizational, technical and physical measures to help safeguard against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the information we process or use. However, since no method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information stored. We also cannot guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Notice to End Users
The Site and Service are not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 16, and we do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 16 years of age through the Site or Service. No one under age 16 may provide any information on the Site or Services. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 16, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us as outlined in this policy.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
California Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Sites or Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Additional Provisions Applicable to Information Received from Residents of the European Union
Legal Basis for Processing
As further described above in the section entitled “How do we use your data”, we use the information we collect from you for various purposes. We rely on the following legal bases in connection with our processing of EU Personal Data:
- Processing is necessary to provide a service or feature you request. This includes processing, evaluating, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications; monitoring compliance with and enforcing any applicable terms of service or use; and providing features and functionality of the Sites and Services that you use.
- Processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests and we have taken steps to ensure that our interests do not unduly intrude on your privacy. We rely on this justification when we monitor aggregate Site or Service usage metrics; analyze the information we collect to improve performance and better understand the preferences of our customers; develop and improve our marketing materials, and, where permitted, contact you (including with marketing communications); and to protect our legal rights, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or assist with investigations.
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as to meet our record-keeping obligations.
- Any purpose for which you consent, such as to place cookies on your device or if you agree that we may contact you.
Please note that where we rely on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your EU Personal Data at any time by providing notice to us using the contact information below in the section entitled “Contact Us with Questions or Concerns”.
Your rights as a data subject
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your EU Personal Data. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them, and any limitations.
You have the right to rectify any of your EU Personal Data that is inaccurate, complete any of your EU Personal Data that is incomplete, object to our use of your EU Personal Data (including for marketing purposes), request the deletion or restriction of your EU Personal Data, or request your EU Personal Data in a structured, electronic format. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. Where the Services are administered for you by an administrator, you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. You may also opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email or updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu. For all other requests, you may contact us using the contact information below in the section entitled “Contact Us with Questions or Concerns”.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases. For example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete EU Personal Data which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work, or where you feel your rights were infringed.
If you have a complaint about our use of your EU Personal Data, please contact us directly so that we can address your complaint. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about the privacy of your EU Personal Data. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Data Transfers Out of the European Union
We may transfer EU Personal Data we collect about you to the United States and other countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided such data. In the event we transfer EU Personal Data outside of the European Union, we will ensure that (i) such country has received an adequacy decision by the European Commission or (ii) such transfer is subject to adequate transfer mechanism pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR.
Storage Period for EU Personal Data
We will retain EU Personal Data in accordance with the time periods set forth above in the section entitled “How long we keep information”.
Additional Provisions Applicable to Information Received from Residents of California
Categories of CA Personal Information We Collect
In addition to the information set forth in the section above entitled “What information do we collect?”, the table below sets forth the categories of CA Personal Information we have collected with respect to California residents, the sources from which such information was collected, and the business purpose for such collection within the last twelve.
|A. Identifiers (e.g., name, postal address, online identifiers, IP address, and email address).
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|C. Commercial information (e.g., products purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies).
|D. Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website.
|E. Geolocation data.
|F. Sensory data (e.g., audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information).
|F. Professional or employment-related information.
Sharing CA Personal Information
We may share your CA Personal Information as described above in the section entitled “Disclosure of Your Information”.
Sale of CA Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any categories of CA Personal Information.
Your Rights and Choices
Pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to know:
- the categories of CA Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the CA Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling CA Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share CA Personal Information (if any); and
- the specific pieces of CA Personal Information that we have collected about you.
In connection with any CA Personal Information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you also have the right to know:
- the categories of CA Personal Information about you that we sole and the categories of third parties to whom such information was sold; and
- the categories of CA Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right to deletion of your CA Personal Information from our records and those of our service providers, unless an exception applies under the CCPA.
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot, among other things:
- deny goods or services to you;
- charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a request by either:
- Calling us at 781.263.0200
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your CA Personal Information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
Your request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected CA Personal Information or an authorized representative; and
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the CA Personal Information relates to you. Additionally, if you request specific pieces of your CA Personal Information or the deletion of certain CA Personal Information, you may be required to provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury and otherwise authenticate your identity.
Requests by Authorized Agents
You are permitted to designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf. Your authorized agent can use the methods described above to submit the request and will be required to provide proof of authorization.
Individuals with Disabilities
Contact Us with Questions or Concerns
Blume Global, Inc,
7901 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 400
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Blume Global Europe SA,
7, Route de Crassier